What Is Marigold Extract Zeaxanthin?
Zeaxanthin is one of the most common carotenoid alcohols found in nature. It is important in the xanthophyll cycle. Synthesized in plants and some micro-organisms, it is the pigment that gives paprika (made from bell peppers), corn, saffron, wolfberries, and many other plants and microbes their characteristic color.
It is commonly associated with a similar supplement, lutein. Both supplements are carotenoids associated with eye health, found in high levels in many vegetables and fruits.
Benefits of Marigold Extract Zeaxanthin
1. Zeaxanthin Might Enhance Visual Function:
Zeaxanthin may protect your vision from harmful levels of blue light. Blue light is everywhere: it can come from the sun, digital devices around the house, and even certain kinds of indoor lighting. This means we need the protection zeaxanthin provides. Everyone is born with certain levels of zeaxanthin. In fact, the American Optometric Association states that of all the 600 carotenoids found in nature, only zeaxanthin and lutein (another nutrient found in the eye that helps protect vision) are deposited in high quantities in the retina (macula) of the eye. The bad news is that it does not replenish itself as we get older. This means our eyes are more susceptible to harmful blue light, which can lead to age-related eye health issues.
2. Zeaxanthin improves visual performance
Visual performance simply means that as you age, you can keep doing the things you love that require a healthy vision.
Put simply, zeaxanthin can help:
- Improve contrast sensitivity – This means you’re able to discern objects from their background (e.g. seeing a white golf ball or baseball clearly against a light blue sky).
- Improve light sensitivity – When you’re walking out the door to work or drop off kids at school, the light can seem so bright that you become uncomfortable. Zeaxanthin helps filter that light, protecting your source of vision in your eye. This means you won’t notice the discomfort from bright light as much.
- Improves glare recovery – Have you driven at night and noticed how bad the glare is coming from oncoming traffic? That glare can cause “temporary blindness,” meaning you truly can’t see for a few seconds. That’s a scary thought on the road. Zeaxanthin protects your eyes from that glare so your eyes can stay focused on the road.
3. Zeaxanthin Possibly Helps Support Aging Eyes
Age-related eye health issues have become an epidemic in the U.S. In fact, it’s the leading cause of vision loss in adults over the age of 55, afflicting millions of Americans each year. Age-related eye health issues can develop for a number of reasons including genetics, poor diet, or a history of smoking. Like we mentioned before, the zeaxanthin we’re born with that helps protect our vision from age-related eye health issues fades as we age. This means we have to get the optimal levels of zeaxanthin via our diets and through taking eye vitamins that contain this nutrient. By doing this, your zeaxanthin levels will increase, meaning your vision is protected from the development of these age-related eye health issues and can mitigate the effects of existing eye health problems.
4. Zeaxanthin Might Improve Cognitive Functioning:
There were no studies on zeaxanthin alone, but the literature reviewed was consistent in reporting zeaxanthin and lutein has a positive effect on various cognitive domains. Zeaxanthin/lutein supplementation was related to improved CFF thresholds, reaction time, and coincidence anticipation errors at high speeds. Nevertheless, it is important to note that their subjects were healthy affluent university students and some of the variables might not have been sufficiently taxing to the nervous system, suggesting differing results across populations.
Flowchart of Production
Package and Shipping
- By Express: Suitable for under 50kg, 5-10 days
- By Air: Suitable for more than 50kg, 7-15 days
- By Sea: Suitable for more than 500kg, 15-45days
Why Choose FYZ Marigold Extract Zeaxanthin?
- FYZ is a professional Marigold Extract Zeaxanthin manufacturer in China, provides private labels service.
- FREE SAMPLE (5-10g) for detection, if you need more, please contact us.
- Fast delivery by DHL/FedEx, air as your requirement.
- All of our products from nature, no additive.
- Money refund policy.