What is Lily Bulb Extract?
Lilies are among the oldest cultivated plants in the world. Native to east Asia, lilies are now found worldwide, and have been used in herbal preparations and medicines for centuries.
As far back as the second century BC, lilies were used in medicinal ointments in some parts of Asia; the ancient Greeks and Romans also grew lilies for both medicinal and ornamental purposes. Today, the lily is still grown in China as a food, an ornamental plant, and for medicinal purposes. Although they can be grown from seeds, lilies are usually raised from bulbs. The bulbs are used in herbal remedies. They are traditionally gathered in the autumn, then cleaned. After being cleaned, they are washed in boiled water or steamed, then lightly baked, fried with honey, or dried in the sun. Most lily bulbs are white or slightly yellow in appearance and have a slight or no odor.
Modern research has found that lily bulbs contain a variety of substances that can promote health and well-being. In addition to proteins and starches, lily bulbs have small amounts of calcium, iron, phosphorus, and vitamins B1, B2, and C.
According to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine, lily bulbs have sweet and slightly cold properties, and are associated with the Lung and Heart meridians. Lily bulbs are used to relieve coughs, dry throats and other respiratory conditions, to clear away heat, and to treat insomnia and heart palpitations. Its tonic properties make it a good herb for promoting restful sleep and treating restlessness and irritability. Lily bulb is often combined with other herbs, such as scrophularia, rehmannia root, and anemarrhena.
Health Benefits of Lily Bulb Extract
- One of the main health benefits of the Lily bulb extract is that it helps regulating the heart rate thereby allowing the heart to function more efficiently and regularly. The Lily bulb extract has many therapeutic uses as it minimizes the irritability of the myocardium without actually resulting in an increase in the oxygen that is required to function by the heart muscle.
- The health benefits of the lily for the heart are well known on account of the presence of the active cardiac glycosides as well as the flavonoids which tend to stimulate the arteries and cause them to dilate.
- Another one of the therapeutic uses of the lily is in the case of treating burns and preventing the formation of scar tissue. In this herbal remedy, the roots of the lily are used to prepare an ointment which is then applied on the burnt area.
- The therapeutic uses of the Lily bulb extract also include it being used in case of weak contractions at the time of childbirth. The Lily bulb extract is also used for herbal remedies for medical conditions such as leprosy , conjunctivitis, strokes, angina and so on.
- Another one of the medicinal uses of the lily is that the dried flowers are used as a very effective laxative or diuretic . Additionally , the roots and the flowers of the lilies are also used to treat spider bites.
- In some parts of the world , roots of the wood lily variety of the flower are consumed as medicinal teas to treat coughs, fevers, stomach disorders as well as for open sores, wounds and to wash bruises that may have swollen .
- The fresh or dried bulbs of the lily flower are also known to be very effective in treating ulcers and inflammations on account of their astringent and soothing properties. In fact the Lily bulb extract is also applied on hard tumors as it is known to soften them immediately.
- Another one of the health benefits and therapeutic uses of the lily include the juice of the fresh bulbs of the lily flower being used to cure dropsy naturally.
- Lily bulb extract is also used in various cosmetics as cure for cuperosis.
Dosage of Lily Bulb Extract
The appropriate dose of white lily depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for white lily. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
Certificate of Analysis
|Particle size||100% pass 80 mesh||USP32<786>||Complies|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%||Eur.Ph.6.0[2.8.17]||Complies|
|Solvents Residue||Meet Eur.Ph6.0<5.4>||Eur.Ph 6.0<2.4.24>||Complies|
|Total bacterial count||≤1000cfu/g||USP30<61>||Complies|
|Yeast & mold||≤100cfu/g||USP30<61>||Complies|
Flowchart of Production
Package for Lily Bulb Extract
Shipping for Lily Bulb Extract
- By Express: Suitable for under 50kg, 5-10 days
- By Air: Suitable for more than 50kg, 7-15 days
- By Sea: Suitable for more than 500kg, 15-45days
Why Choose FYZ Lily Bulb Extract?
- FYZ is a professional Lily Bulb Extract manufacturer in China, provides OEM service.
- FREE SAMPLE with freight collection (5-10g) for detection, if you need more, please contact us.
- Fast delivery by DHL/FedEx, air as your requirement.
- All of our products from nature, no additive.
- Money refund policy.