What is Cassia Seed Extract?
Just as its name implies, it refers to the dried mature seeds of Cassia obtusifolia L. or Cassia tora L., which is a plant in the family Leguminosae. Other names also include cassia tora seed, Cao Jue Ming, seed of sickle senna, and Foetid Cassia Seeds. In China it is mainly produced in Anhui, Guangxi, Sichuan, Zhejiang, Guangdong and other places. The best collecting season is autumn when the fruits are ripe. And then it needs to dry in the sun, collect the seeds, and then remove the impurities. And it is usually used raw or fried.
Cassia obtusifolia is an annual suffruticose herbaceous plant, which grows between 0.5 to 2 meters. And there are many branches on the upper part. Pinnately compound leaf is alternate; petiole is 2 to 5cm; leaflets are 3 pairs; blade is obovate or obovate-oblong, 2 to 6cm long, 1.5 to 3.5cm wide, and with rounded apex and cuneate base. Flowers are axillary in pair and the top ones are acervate; peduncle is very short; pedicel is about 1 to 2cm; sepals are 5 and obovate; corolla is yellow, obovate, 12 to 15mm long, and with 5 petals and base with claws. Pod is slender, four edged, 15 to 20cm long, 3 to 4mm wide, and with 2 to 4cm stalk. Seeds are numerous, nearly in prismatic shape or sometimes slightly flat, light brown, bright, and with linear oblique groove on each side. It usually blooms from June to August and fruits from August to October. Habitats include hills, roadside, barren mountain, hillside, and woodland.
Cassia obtusifolia seeds contain anthraquinone compounds, cassiaside, mucus, proteins, sitosterol, amino acids and fatty oil. And anthraquinone compounds mainly include emodin, physcion, chrysophanol, aloe-emodin, obtusifolin, obtusin, chryso-obtusin, aurantio-obtusin and their glycosides and rhein. Cassia tora has almost the same chemical constituents except for the obtusifolin and its glycosides. In addition, it also contains chrysophanol-1-bgentiobiside.
Cassia seed contains a variety of vitamins and rich in amino acids, fats, carbohydrates and so on. In recent years, its health care function has been gradually taken seriously attention.Cassia with clear anger, rheumatism, improving eyesight,beneficial to kidney and other functions.Drinking cassia tea can lower blood pressure, smoothing excrement,improving eyesight.Clinical experiments show that drinking cassia seed tea have a good effect on clearing liver,improving eyesight,preventing blurred vision, lowering blood pressure, blood fat, reduce cholesterol, for the prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease, high blood pressure ; Cassia and rich in vitamin A and zinc, can prevent night blindness and to avoid zinc deficiency in children. In addition, Cassia seed tea laxative function can solve the problem of gastrointestinal and constipation in modern people.Cassia tea bubble method is very simple, as long as 15 to 20 grams of cassia with hot water can be brewed, but also according to personal preferences into the appropriate amount of sugar, when the tea drinking, several times a day.If accompanied by wolfberry and chrysanthemum,the effect will be better.
Health Benefits of Cassia Seed Extract
Cassia seed extract is known for various medicinal benefits. It has following health benefits –
- The seeds of Cassia are used for common problems related to kidney, intestine, liver and vision.
- Cassia seed extract is also used for dying purposes.
- It is used as an alternative to coffee.
- Its consumption removes intense heat from the liver.
- Eases the bowel movement.
- Cassia seeds along with dodder and wolfberry seeds provide nourishment to intestine.
- It helps in improving the vision and cures blurred vision, redness, itchiness, congestion or light sensitivity caused by hot wind conditions.
- Cassia seeds act as a laxative and can cure constipation caused due to heat accumulation in the intestine.
- Cassia seed extract can inhibit fungal growth.
- Cassia seeds paste is used for treatment of various skin ailments such as snake bite and other parasitic disorders.
- Cassia seeds can also lower the blood pressure and cholesterol.
Dosage of Cassia Seed Extract
Recommended cassia seed dosage is from 9 to 15 grams in decoction.
Certificate of Analysis
|Particle size||100% pass 80 mesh||USP32<786>||Complies|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%||Eur.Ph.6.0[2.8.17]||Complies|
|Solvents Residue||Meet Eur.Ph6.0<5.4>||Eur.Ph 6.0<2.4.24>||Complies|
|Total bacterial count||≤1000cfu/g||USP30<61>||Complies|
|Yeast & mold||≤100cfu/g||USP30<61>||Complies|
Flowchart of Production
Package for Cassia Seed Extract
Shipping for Cassia Seed Extract
- By Express: Suitable for under 50kg, 5-10 days
- By Air: Suitable for more than 50kg, 7-15 days
- By Sea: Suitable for more than 500kg, 15-45days
Why Choose FYZ Cassia Seed Extract?
- FYZ is a professional Cassia Seed Extract manufacturer in China, provides OEM service.
- FREE SAMPLE with freight collection (5-10g) for detection, if you need more, please contact us.
- Fast delivery by DHL/FedEx, air as your requirement.
- All of our products from nature, no additive.
- Money refund policy.